BEFA Offers Flight Training
BEFA offers flight training at many levels for new pilots, as well as for pilots seeking to improve their skills. Our Flight Instructors are qualified to instruct for the following airman certificates, ratings, endorsements and specialty training:
- Private Pilot’s License – What it Takes to get a Private Pilot’s License
- Upgrading to an Instrument Rating – Getting Your Instrument Rating
- Seaplane Training
- Aerobatic Training
- Non-pilots Pinch-hitters Course
BEFA is an Approved Testing Center for Computer Assisted Testing Service (CATS), where you can take FAA written pilot exams and more.
In addition to the ratings and certificates listed above, BEFA offers informal “refresher” classes and seminars. Please call the office or send an email to sign up.
- Private Pilot Ground School is available through Renton Technical College and Everett Community College. For enrollment contact the Renton Technical College, (425) 235-2352, or go to http://www.RTC.edu.
- For Everett CC, north call 425-267-0150 or http://www.everettcc.edu/
- BEFA office no longer handles the enrollment, though the class is still taught in the Renton Airport BEFA facility classroom.
- Instrument Rating Ground School is periodically taught at BEFA. Watch the BEFA newsletters for class announcements.
An AOPA developed class which teaches non-pilots important information about flying, navigating, and more to help make the flying experience more enjoyable, and to teach some basics in case of an in-flight emergency, especially one that renders the pilot unable to fly.